Flamenco, among the top 25 beaches!
Flamenco beach among the best beaches in the world and the Caribbean.
An Ocean Paradise
Spending time on the water in Culebra is a must! The energy of this island is derived from the sea. Exploring the coastline and the water are a very special way to discover the true energy of paradise. You will find white-sand beaches, coral beaches, cays, shallow and deep coral reefs and many rocky points surrounding Culebra.
Among the Top Ten most beautiful beaches in the world, with white sands and calm waters.
Carlos Rosario Beach
One of the best snorkeling spots in Culebra. Pleasant sandy beach surrounded by corals. A 20-minute hike from Flamenco Beach. There are some snorkeling and scuba excursions available.
Perfect for hiking, but not recommended for swimming. The trail is very steepand rocky.
The largest waves in Culebra. A 35 minute hike crossing a natural forest.
A great view of the Atlantic Ocean, Cayo Norte, Culebrita and St. Thomas. Perfect for picnicking and reading a book.
Fantasy Island with six beaches and a Light House. Tortuga Beach is the favorite. Access with private boat or water taxi.
Soldados Point Beach
Beautiful coral reefs. Great for snorkeling and scuba diving.
As part of the Marine Reserve area, features an abundance of marine cactus and two great snorkeling spots.
Perfect for a secluded picnic, swim, or snorkeling. Is part of the Marine Reserve of Melones Beach.
Luis Peña Cay
Part of the US Fish and Wildlife Refuge. Perfect for snorkeling. Access with private boat or water taxi.
Beautiful reef near Fulladoza and Ensenada Honda Bay. Perfect for kayaking. Access with private boat, water taxi or our kayaks.
A World of Activities
Some guests prefer lazy days sleeping in. Others opt for a jam-packed itinerary of fun-under-sun activities. Should you choose the latter, consult our front desk staff to make arrangements for any of the following activities, or before your arrival, contact us thru clubseabourne.com
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving
- Water Taxi to Culebrita and/or Luis Peña
- Kayaking and swimming w/Turtles - www.kayakingpuertorico.com
- Reef Picnic at any of the marvelous beaches
- Turtle watching
- Bicycle Trips
- Take a look at the Red Mangroves area in your way to Zoni Beach
- Visit Culebra Island Museum
- Jeep or Golf Cart Rental - www.carlosjeeprental.com, www.jerrysjeeprental.com, www.avis.com
The Village of Dewey
Culebra has only one town, Dewey, where the daily ferries arrive and depart from the east of the “big island” of Puerto Rico. The town is basically one main street that crosses a bridge, turns a corner and ends at the ferry landing.
Dewey has several gift shops, grocers, hardware store, a half-dozen or so eateries and bars, and an ice cream place. Also in town you'll find a dive shop, two gas stations, a bank w/ATM, the U.S. Post Office, and the Regional PR Tourism Company.
The Culebra Museum
Feature old maps and photographs of Culebra, Taino artifacts, traditional canoes made from the zinc plant, and Navy artifacts. It’s located at the site of the first settlement in Culebra, in a 1905-era stone building that once stored ammunitions for the Navy. https://www.facebook.com/groups/museodeculebra/ (Located off Road 250 toward Playa Brava, 787-405- 3768 or 787-742-3832, Thurs.–Sun. 10 a.m.–3 p.m.)
How to get to Culebra?
- From the San Juan International Airport Luis Muñoz Marín in Puerto Rico, you can make a connection (with previous reservation) from there or take the 15-minute taxi ride to Regional Isla Grande Airport Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci.
- From Isla Grande Airport, you can fly to Culebra on one of the many scheduled commuter flights. We suggest that you contact the airline and make reservations in advance. The trip lasts only 30 minutes. 25 pounds of baggage is allowed per passenger.
- There are also flights from Ceiba (Jose Aponte de la Torre Airport) (Taxi or car rental is recommended to get to Ceiba). The Ceiba flights are only 15 minutes.
We highly suggest to take airline flights to visit Culebra Island.
Regional Airlines Information
- Vieques Air Link - Reservations: Tel. 1-888-901-9247 / 1-787-741-8331 www.viequesairlink.com
- Air Flamenco - Reservations: Tel. 1-787-724-1818 www.airflamenco.net
- Cape Air Reservations: Tel. 1-800-CAPE-AIR www.capeair.com
There are daily ferries service from Fajardo (located approximately 40 miles southeast of San Juan). This ferry is part of the Puerto Rico Ports Authority and you should call in advance to buy tickets. The ferry is a one and a half-hour ride. Please be at the Fajardo Ferry Station at least one hour before departure to avoid long lines. (Taxi or car rental is recommended to get to Fajardo).
- Ferry Station at Fajardo: (787) 863-0705
- Ferry Station at Culebra: (787) 742-3161
Getting around Culebra is simple. Public transportation (vans) is inexpensive and routes cover most of the Island. If you prefer to go your own way and to have more flexibility, we recommend renting all-terrain vehicles at Carlos Jeep and Jerry’s Jeep, our trusted vehicle rental services. Another efficient way to get around is by golf cart.